Autoregressive Models with Sample Selectivity for Panel Data
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is to formulate procedures for the analysis of the time series behaviour of micro panel data subject to censoring. We assume an autoregressive model with random effects for a latent variable which is only partly observed due to a selection mechanism. Our methods are based on the observation that the subsamples which only include individuals without censored past observations are exogenously selected for the purpose conditional on its past. We apply these methods to analyze the dynamics of female labour supply and wages using PSID data.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros- in its series Papers with number 9706.
Length: 44 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros. Casado del Alisal, 5-28014 Madrid, Spain.
Web page: http://www.cemfi.es/
More information through EDIRC
SAMPLING ; LABOUR SUPPLY ; WAGES ; MODELS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lechner, Michael, 1993. "The dynamics of self-employment in East Germany: an empirical analysis using panel data and allowing for state dependence and endogenous attrition," ZEW Discussion Papers 93-24, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Akay, Alpaslan, 2007. "Dynamics of Employment- and Earnings-Assimilation of First-Generation Immigrant Men in Sweden, 1990-2000," Working Papers in Economics 279, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- José M. Labeaga & Xisco Oliver & Amadéo Spadaro, 2005. "Discrete choice models of labour suppluy, behavioural microsimulation and the Spanish tax reform," Working Papers halshs-00590836, HAL.
- José M. Labeaga, Xisco Oliver & Xisco Oliver & Amedeo Spadaro, .
"Discrete choice models of labour Supply, behavioural microsimulation and the Spanish tax reforms,"
- José Labeaga & Xisco Oliver & Amedeo Spadaro, 2008. "Discrete choice models of labour supply, behavioural microsimulation and the Spanish tax reforms," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 247-273, September.
- José M. Labeaga & Xisco Oliver & Amadéo Spadaro, 2005. "Discrete choice models of labour suppluy, behavioural microsimulation and the Spanish tax reform," PSE Working Papers halshs-00590836, HAL.
- Vella, Francis & Verbeek, Marno, 1999.
"Two-step estimation of panel data models with censored endogenous variables and selection bias,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 239-263, June.
- Vella, F. & Verbeek, M.J.C.M., 1999. "Two-step estimation of panel data models with censored endogenous variables and selection bias," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-80344, Tilburg University.
- Laura Crespo, 2007. "The Role Of Wage Differences And Individual Labour Supply On Male Earnings Inequality: Empirical Evidence From Spain," Working Papers. Serie EC 2007-05, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Georgios Marios Chrysanthou, 2008.
"Estimating union wage effects in Great Britain during 1991-2003,"
Economics Working Papers
we082214, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Georgios Marios Chrysanthou, 2008. "Estimating Union Wage Effects in Great Britain During 1991-2003," Discussion Papers 08/12, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Graciela Sanromán, 2003. "Vivienda y Fiscalidad en España: un análisis empírico," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0803, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Leandro M. Magnusson, 2008.
"Inference in Limited Dependent Variable Models Robust to Weak Identification,"
0801, Tulane University, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2009.
- Leandro M. Magnusson, 2010. "Inference in limited dependent variable models robust to weak identification," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 13(3), pages S56-S79, October.
- Sébastien Laurent, 2001. "Capital humain, emploi et salaire en Belgique et dans ses régions," Reflets et perspectives de la vie économique, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(1), pages 25-36.
- Akay, Alpaslan, 2007. "Monte Carlo Investigation of the Initial Values Problem in Censored Dynamic Random-Effects Panel Data Models," Working Papers in Economics 278, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Labeaga, Jose M., 1999. "A double-hurdle rational addiction model with heterogeneity: Estimating the demand for tobacco," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 49-72, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.