A Finite-Sample Analysis of Returns to Schooling Across Public High Schools
AbstractIn an important and influential paper, Card and Krueger argued that proxies for school quality positively affect the rate of return to future education. In this paper, we analyze a variant of the Card and Krueger model using a hierarchical Bayesian approach and school-level quality data from the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by California Irvine - School of Social Sciences in its series Papers with number 00-01-24.
Length: 22 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA IRVINE, SCHOOL OF SOCIAL SCIENCES, IRVINECALIFORNIA 91717 U.S.A.
EDUCATION ; MODELS ; MATHEMATICAL ANALYSIS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.