Diverging Trends in Self-Employment in Canada
AbstractThe Strong performance of self-employment relative to paid-employment over recent years in Canada has sparked a wide interest in determining the sources and implications of these developments in the economy.Using Labour Force Survey data, this paper attempts to place thesedevelopments in perspective by exploring some of the main features of the aggregate trends in self-employment in the Canadien economy over the 1976-96 period.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Gouvernement du Canada - Human Resources Development in its series Papers with number r-97-13.
Length: 35 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Canada; Coordination des publication, Direction generale de la recherche appliquee. Developpement des ressources humaine Canada. 4e etage, Phase V. 140 promenade du Portage. Hull , K1A 0J9
Fax: (819) 953-7260
Web page: http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J20 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - General
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- du Plessis, Valerie, 2004. "Trends in Non-Farm Self-Employment Activity for Rural Women 1981-2001," Agriculture and Rural Working Paper Series 28033, Statistics Canada.
- Lin, Zhengxi & Picot, Garnett & Yates, Janice, 1999. "Rising Self-employment in the Midst of High Unemployment: An Empirical Analysis of Recent Developments in Canada," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 1999133e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Nadja Kamhi & Danny Leung, 2005. "Recent Developments in Self-Employment in Canada," Working Papers 05-8, Bank of Canada.
- Baldwin, John R. & Chowhan, James, 2003. "The Impact of Self-employment on Labour-productivity Growth: A Canada and United States Comparison," Economic Analysis (EA) Research Paper Series 2003016e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Lin, Zhengxi & Picot, Garnett & Yates, Janice, 1999. "The Entry and Exit Dynamics of Self-employment in Canada," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 1999134e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.