A Strong Euro or a Weak Euro?
AbstractUsing a simple macroeconomic two-country model, we analyze the possible structural reasons for which the European Central Bank might have a monetary policy different from the one pursued presently by the Bundesbank (implying a weaker or a stroger parity for the european currencies vis-a-vis the rest of the world).
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Caisse des Depots et Consignations - Cahiers de recherche in its series Papers with number 96-02/ei.
Length: 34 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Caisse des depots et consignations, Services des etudes economiques et financieres, 195 Boulevard Saint Germain- 75007 Paris, France.
CENTRAL BANKS; MONETARY POLICY;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alogoskoufis, George & Portes, Richard & Rey, Hélène, 1997.
"The Emergence of the Euro as an International Currency,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1741, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard Portes & HÃ©lÃ¨ne Rey, 1998. "The emergence of the euro as an international currency," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 13(26), pages 305-343, 04.
- Richard Portes & Helene Rey, 1998. "The Emergence of the Euro as an International Currency," NBER Working Papers 6424, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- G Alogoskoufis & R Portes & H Rey, 1998. "The Emergence of the Euro as an International Currency," CEP Discussion Papers dp0388, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Alogoskoufis, G. & Portes, R. & Rey, H., 1997. "The Emergence of the Euro as an International Currency," DELTA Working Papers 97-28, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/2096 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jacques Le Cacheux, 1998.
"La diffusion internationale de l'euro,"
Sciences Po publications
info:hdl:2441/2096, Sciences Po.
- Robert McCauley, 1999. "The Euro and the Dollar, 1998," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 91-133, February.
- Bernard Courbis & Jean-Paul Allegret, 1999. "Les pays du Sud face au dÃ©fi d'un espace financier euro-mÃ©diterranÃ©en," Revue d'Ã‰conomie FinanciÃ¨re, Programme National PersÃ©e, Programme National PersÃ©e, vol. 52(2), pages 185-206.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.