Competition and Incentives with Non-Exclusive Contracts
AbstractWe consider a model in which customers sequentially negotiate nonexclusive credit or insurance contracts from multiple risk-neutral firms in a market with free entry. Each contract is subject to moral hazard arising from a common noncontractible effort decision.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Boston University - Industry Studies Programme in its series Papers with number 75.
Length: 29 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Boston University, Industry Studies Program; Department of Economics, 270 Bay Road, Boston, Massachusetts 02215.
Web page: http://www.bu.edu/econ/isp/
More information through EDIRC
CONTRACTS; COMPETITION; INSURANCE;
Other versions of this item:
- Charles M. Kahn & Dilip Mookherjee, 1998. "Competition and Incentives with Nonexclusive Contracts," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 29(3), pages 443-465, Autumn.
- Charles M. Kahn & Dilip Mookherjee, 1996. "Competition and Incentives with Non-Exclusive Contracts," Papers 0075, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
- K10 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - General (Constitutional Law)
- K12 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Contract Law
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guha, Brishti & Roy Chowdhury, Prabal, 2012.
"Micro-finance competition: motivated micro-lenders, double-dipping and default,"
36116, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guha, Brishti & Chowdhury, Prabal Roy, 2013. "Micro-finance competition: Motivated micro-lenders, double-dipping and default," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 86-102.
- Brishti Guha & Prabal Roy Chowdhury, 2013. "Micro-finance Competition: Motivated Micro-lenders, Double-dipping and Default," Working Papers 01-2013, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Brishti Guha & Prabal Roy Chowdhury, 2012. "Micro-finance competition: Motivated micro-lenders, double-dipping and default," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 12-01, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Brishti Guha & Prabal Roy Chowdhury, 2012. "Micro-finance Competition: Motivated Micro-lenders, Double-dipping and Default," Working Papers 04-2012, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Chassagnon, Arnold & Attar, Andrea, 2008. "On moral hazard and nonexclusive contracts," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/4717, Paris Dauphine University.
- Bisin, A. & Guaitoli, D., 1998.
"Moral Hazard and Non-Exclusive Contracts,"
98-24, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Alberto Bisin & Danilo Guaitoli, 1998. "Moral hazard and non-exclusive contracts," Economics Working Papers 345, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Bisin, Alberto & Guaitoli, Danilo, 1998. "Moral Hazard and Non-Exclusive Contracts," CEPR Discussion Papers 1987, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Frédéric Loss & Gwanaël Piaser, 2013.
"Linear Prices Equilibria and Nonexclusive Insurance Market,"
- Frédéric Loss & Gwenaël Piaser, 2014. "Linear Prices Equilibria and Nonexclusive Insurance Market," Working Papers 2014-042, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Simpson Prescott, Edward & Weinberg, John A., 2003.
"Incentives, communication, and payment instruments,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 433-454, March.
- Edward S. Prescott & John A. Weinberg, 2000. "Incentives, communication, and payment instruments," Working Paper 00-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Darren Filson, 2003. "Dynamic Common Agency, Vertical Integration, and Investment: The Economics of Movie Distribution," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2003-07, Claremont Colleges.
- Alberto Bennardo & Marco Pagano & Salvatore Piccolo, 2008.
"Multiple-Bank Lending, Creditor Rights and Information Sharing,"
CSEF Working Papers
211, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy, revised 28 Jul 2010.
- Bennardo, Alberto & Pagano, Marco & Piccolo, Salvatore, 2009. "Multiple-Bank Lending, Creditor Rights and Information Sharing," CEPR Discussion Papers 7186, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alberto Bisin & Piero Gottardi, 2003. "Competitive Markets for Non-Exclusive Contracts with Adverse Selection: the Role of Entry Fees," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 6(2), pages 313-338, April.
- McIntosh, Craig & Wydick, Bruce, 2005. "Competition and microfinance," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 271-298, December.
- Castiglionesi, Fabio & Wagner, Wolf, 2013. "On the efficiency of bilateral interbank insurance," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 177-200.
- Yaron Leitner, 2009. "Inducing agents to report hidden trades: a theory of an intermediary," Working Papers 09-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Alberto Bisin & Piero Gottardi & Adriano A. Rampini, 2008.
"Managerial Hedging and Portfolio Monitoring,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 6(1), pages 158-209, 03.
- Alberto Bisin & Piero Gottardi & Adriano A. Rampini, 2004. "Managerial Hedging and Portfolio Monitoring," CESifo Working Paper Series 1322, CESifo Group Munich.
- Piero Gottardi & Alberto Bisin & Adriano Rampini, 2007. "Managerial Hedging and Portfolio Monitoring," Working Papers 2007_24, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.