Adjustment and Distribution: The Indian Experience
AbstractThis paper attempts to assess the distributive impact of the economic adjustment program in India. It begins by discussing the analytical complexities of disentangling the impact of reforms from that of other autonomous developments in the economy. It then goes on to isolate and analyze the main cause-effect linkages between adjustment and distribution.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Asian Development Bank in its series Papers with number 17.
Length: 36 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Asian Development Bank, Economics and Development Resource Center. P.O. Box 789 Manila Philippines.
Fax: (63-2) 636-2648
Web page: http://www.adb.org/
More information through EDIRC
INDIA ; POVERTY ; INCOME REDISTRIBUTION ; GOVERNMENT POLICY;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D3 - Microeconomics - - Distribution
- D6 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare and Poverty
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giovanni Andrea Cornia, 2003. "The Impact of Liberalisation and Globalisation on Income Inequality in Developing and Transitional Economies," CESifo Working Paper Series 843, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jha,R., 2000.
"Reducing Poverty and Inequality in India: Has Liberalization Helped?,"
204, World Institute for Development Economics Research.
- Jha, Raghbendra, 2002. "Reducing Poverty and Inequality in India: Has Liberalization Helped?," Departmental Working Papers 2002-04, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Cornia, Giovanni Andrea & Addison, Tony & Kiiski, Sampsa, 2003. "Income Distribution Changes and their Impact in the Post-World War II Period," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Vertica AGARWAL & Jean H.P. PAELINCK & Kenneth A. REINERT & Roger R. STOUGH, 2008. "Trade Liberalization and Income Inequality in India: A Poisson Distributed-Lag Analysis," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 8(2), pages 187-192.
- Raghbendra Jha, 2002. "Rural Poverty in India: Structure, determinants and suggestions for policy reform," ASARC Working Papers 2002-07, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.