Existence of financial equilibria with endogenous short selling restrictions and real assets
AbstractWe consider a model with real assets and restricted participation described by household specific price dependent short selling constraints. We show existence of equilibria for all elements in an explicitly characterized large subset of the set of economies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa in its series Working Papers - Mathematical Economics with number 2010-07.
Length: 16 pages
Date of creation: May 2010
Date of revision: Aug 2012
General equilibrium; Restricted participation; Financial markets; Real assets.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
- D52 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Incomplete Markets
- D53 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Financial Markets
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carosi, Laura & Gori, Michele & Villanacci, Antonio, 2009. "Endogenous restricted participation in general financial equilibrium," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(12), pages 787-806, December.
- Polemarchakis, H. M. & Siconolfi, P., 1997. "Generic existence of competitive equilibria with restricted participation," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 289-311, October.
- Michele Gori & Marina Pireddu & Antonio Villanacci, 2010. "Regularity and Pareto Improving on financial equilibria with endogenous borrowing restrictions," Working Papers - Mathematical Economics 2010-08, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa, revised Aug 2012.
- Matthew Hoelle & Marina Pireddu & Antonio Villanacci, 2012. "Incomplete Financial Markets With Real Assets and Endogenous Credit Limits," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1271, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Cea-Echenique, Sebastián & Torres-Martínez, Juan Pablo, 2014. "General Equilibrium with Endogenous Trading Constraints," MPRA Paper 55359, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michele Gori).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.