Unionization and cost of production: compensation, productivity, and factor-use effects
AbstractA demonstration that unionization can affect cost of production through increases in compensation, through shifts in technologies, and through deviations from the least-cost combination of inputs (the factor-use effect).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland in its series Working Paper with number 8701.
Date of creation: 1987
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Eberts, Randall W & Stone, Joe A, 1991. "Unionization and Cost of Production: Compensation, Productivity, and Factor-Use Effects," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 9(2), pages 171-85, April.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ltr:wpaper:2000.04 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elisabetta Magnani & David Prentice, 2000.
"Unionisation, short-run flexibility and cost efficiency: Evidence from U.S. manufacturing,"
2000.04, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Randall W. Eberts & Kevin Hollenbeck & Joe A. Stone, .
"Teacher Performance Incentives and Student Outcomes,"
Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles
rwekhjs2002, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Randall Eberts & Kevin Hollenbeck & Joe Stone, 2002. "Teacher Performance Incentives and Student Outcomes," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 37(4), pages 913-927.
- Randall Eberts & Kevin Hollenbeck & Joe Stone, 2000. "Teacher Performance Incentives and Student Outcomes," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 00-65, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lee Faulhaber).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.