Trade Policies and Integration - Evaluations with CGE Models
AbstractThis monograph studies trade and integration at three levels: national, regional and global. The impacts of trade and integration have been evaluated in three different cases: Finland's accession into the EU, global trade liberalisation set off by the WTO negotiations and the EU's enlargement with the new members from the former socialist Central European countries. Computable general equilibrium (CGE) modelling is used to evaluate the likely outcomes of the policy changes related to these occurrences. Finnish accession into the EU is evaluated by a single region comparative-static CGE model of the Finnish economy. Multilateral trade liberalisation within the WTO negotiations is evaluated using GTAP model developed at University of Purdue in Global Trade Analysis Project. The eastern enlargement of the EU is studied with a recursive dynamic version of the GTAP model.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT) in its series Research Reports with number 109.
Date of creation: 01 Jun 2004
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order; Noneconomic International Organizations;; Economic Integration and Globalization: General
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pekka Sulamaa & Mika WidgrÃ©n, 2004.
"EU-Enlargement and Beyond: A Simulation Study on EU and Russia Integration,"
Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 307-323, December.
- Pekka Sulamaa & Mika Widgrén, 2004. "EU-Enlargement and Beyond: A Simulation Study on EU and Russia Integration," Discussion Papers, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT) 356, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
- Sulamaa, Pekka & Widgrén, Mika, 2004. "EU Enlargement and Beyond: A Simulation Study on EU and Russia Integration," CEPR Discussion Papers, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers 4720, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alho, Kari E.O. & Kaitila, Ville & Widgrén, Mika, 2005.
"Speed of Convergence and Relocation: New EU Member Countries Catching up with the Old,"
Discussion Papers, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy
963, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Kari E.O.Alho & Ville Kaitila & Mika Widgrén, 2005. "Speed of Convergence and Relocation - New EU Member Countries Catching up with the Old," Economics Working Papers, European Network of Economic Policy Research Institutes 034, European Network of Economic Policy Research Institutes.
- Hyytia, Nina, 2011. "Allocation of CAP modulation funds to rural development measures at the regional level in Finland," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland, European Association of Agricultural Economists 114525, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anita Niskanen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.