Integrated Panel of Finnish Companies and Workers
AbstractIn this paper we describe the compiling of the integrated data which comprises longitudinal information on Finnish companies and workers. The company panel of the data is dynamically representative over time and covers a wide range of the economy. The worker panel covers in principle all people who have been employed in the private sector during the period 1988-96. Worker and company records can be easily matched to form linked data sets of companies and their employees. We describe the data sources used and discuss some problems which might occur in using the data as well as the potential of the data in future labour market research. To provide evidence on the quality of the data, we also report some descriptive figures with emphasis on job and worker flow statistics.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT) in its series Discussion Papers with number 226.
Date of creation: 21 Aug 2000
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Abowd, John M. & Kramarz, Francis, 1999. "The analysis of labor markets using matched employer-employee data," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 40, pages 2629-2710 Elsevier.
- Steven J. Davis & John C. Haltiwanger & Scott Schuh, 1998. "Job Creation and Destruction," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262540932, January.
- Tuulia Hakola & Roope Uusitalo, 2001. "Let's Make a Deal - the Impact of Social Security Provisions and Firm Liabilities on Early Retirement," Discussion Papers 260, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
- Tomi Kyyrä & Mika Maliranta, 2006. "The Micro-Level Dynamics of Declining Labour Share: Lessons from the Finnish Great Leap," Discussion Papers 406, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
- Tuulia Hakola, 2002. "Economic Incentives and Labour Market Transitions of the Aged Finnish Workforce," Research Reports 89, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
- Tomi Kyyrä, 2007.
"Estimating Equilibrium Search Models from Finnish Data,"
Finnish Economic Papers,
Finnish Economic Association, vol. 20(2), pages 139-165, Autumn.
- Tomi Kyyrä, 2001. "Estimating Equilibrium Search Models from Finnish Data," Discussion Papers 256, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anita Niskanen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.