The Estimation of Complete Almost Ideal Demand System from Czech Household Budget Survey Data
AbstractThe aim of this paper is to provide a reliable set of income, own-price, and cross-price elasticities of demand for the consumer goods, foods and alcohol beverages based on Almost Ideal Demand System model applied to the most relevant Czech data set of Household Budget Statistics. While we concentrate on the last stage of our complete demand system which is concerned with the demand for beverages, the estimates obtained in the first (all consumption goods) and second (food) stages of our model may be used for consumer demand analysis with respect to any consumption group considered in our model.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies in its series Working Papers IES with number 2009/31.
Length: 25 pages
Date of creation: Dec 2009
Date of revision: Dec 2009
Almost Ideal Demand System; consumption; the Czech Republic; elasticity; price; spirits; tax; wine; beer;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- L66 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Food; Beverages; Cosmetics; Tobacco
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-01-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-MKT-2010-01-16 (Marketing)
- NEP-TRA-2010-01-16 (Transition Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lenka Herrmannova).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.