Competition and Reputation
AbstractIn this paper the authors analyze the interaction of two disciplinary mechanisms: competition and reputation. They first study a dynamic model of monopolistic competition with experiencs goods (i.e., quality is observed after goods are purchased). When market power is high enough, reputation results in the equilibrium with perfect information being sustainable.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European University Institute in its series Economics Working Papers with number eco99/18.
Length: 31 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Badia Fiesolana, Via dei Roccettini, 9, 50016 San Domenico di Fiesole (FI) Italy
Web page: http://www.eui.eu/ECO/
More information through EDIRC
COMPETITION ; REPUTATION ; DYNAMIC ANALYSIS;
Other versions of this item:
- Ramon Marimon, 2000. "Competition and Reputation," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1384, Econometric Society.
- Juan Pablo Nicolini & Ramon Marimon & Pedro Teles, 2000. "Competition and Reputation," Department of Economics Working Papers 002, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- D10 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - General
- D00 - Microeconomics - - General - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Juan Pablo Nicolini & Ramon Marimon & Pedro Teles, 2001.
"Inside Outside Money Competition,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
004, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Marimon, Ramon & Nicolini, Juan Pablo & Teles, Pedro, 2003. "Inside-Outside Money Competition," CEPR Discussion Papers 4039, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ramon Marimon & Juan Pablo Nicolini & Pedro Teles, 2003. "Inside-outside money competition," Working Paper Series WP-03-09, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Ramon Marimon, 2000. "Review of Sargent's The Conquest of American Inflation," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 38(2), pages 405-411, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marcia Gastaldo).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.