Granger's Representation Theorem and Multicointegration
AbstractWe consider multicointegration in the sense of Granger and Lee (1990), that is, the cumulated equilibrium error cointegrates with the process itself. It is shown, that if the process is given by the cointegrated VAR model for I(1) variables, then multicointegration cannot occur. If, however, the cumulated process satisfies an I(2) model then multicointegration may occur. Finally conditions are given on the moving average representation for the process to exhibit multicointegration. This result generalizes the analysis of Granger and Lee.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European University Institute in its series Economics Working Papers with number eco97/15.
Length: 13 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Badia Fiesolana, Via dei Roccettini, 9, 50016 San Domenico di Fiesole (FI) Italy
Web page: http://www.eui.eu/ECO/
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C00 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leachman, Lori L. & Francis, Bill B., 2000. "Multicointegration Analysis of the Sustainability of Foreign Debt," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 207-227, April.
- Escario, Regina & Gadea, María Dolores & Sabaté, Marcela, 2012. "Multicointegration, seigniorage and fiscal sustainability. Spain 1857–2000," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 270-283.
- Engsted, Tom & Gonzalo, Jesus & Haldrup, Niels, 1997.
"Testing for multicointegration,"
Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 259-266, November.
- Engsted, Tom & Gonzalo, Jesús & Haldrup, Niels, . "Testing for multicointegration," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/750, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marcia Gastaldo).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.