Tracking labour market reforms in the EU Member States: an overview of reforms in 2004 based on the LABREF database
AbstractThe paper examines the rationale for creating a database on labour market reforms and looks at the value-added of LABREF compared with existing datasets. In doing so, it considers recent developments in the economic literature as regards the design of labour market institutions. After a description of the coverage and structure of the database and of the information contained therein, the paper provides a summary overview of reforms enacted by EU Member States in 2004. On the base of the qualitative information in the database, the paper builds simple indicators of reform intensity and makes a tentative characterisation of the reforms strategy implemented by the Member States in 2004.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission in its series European Economy - Economic Papers with number 239.
Length: 56 pages
Date of creation: Dec 2005
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Coomunivcations Unit, B-1049 Bruxelles / Brussels
Fax: +32 2 298.08.23
Web page: http://ec.europa.eu/economy_finance/index_en.htm
More information through EDIRC
labour market reforms; LABREF database; Labour Market Working Group; LMWG; Arpaia; Costello; Mourre; Pierini;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alfonso Arpaia & Gilles Mourre, 2009.
"Institutions and Performance in European Labour Markets: Taking a Fresh Look at Evidence,"
Working Papers CEB
09-049.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Alfonso Arpaia & Gilles Mourre, 2012. "Institutions And Performance In European Labour Markets: Taking A Fresh Look At Evidence," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(1), pages 1-41, 02.
- Alfonso Arpaia & Gilles Mourre, 2009. "Institutions and performance in European labour markets: taking a fresh look at evidence," European Economy - Economic Papers 391, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Étienne de Callataÿ & André Sapir, 2007. "La réforme des marchés du travail, des biens et services et du capital en Belgique," Reflets et perspectives de la vie économique, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(1), pages 141-158.
- Alfonso Arpaia & Werner Roeger & Janos Varga & Jan in 't Veld & Alexandr Hobza & Isabel Grilo & Peter Wobst, 2007. "Quantitative assessment of Structural Reforms: Modelling the Lisbon Strategy," European Economy - Economic Papers 282, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Hedvig Horváth & Zoltán Szalai, 2008. "Labour market institutions in Hungary with a focus on wage and employment flexibility," MNB Occasional Papers 2008/77, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (the central bank of Hungary).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ECFIN INFO).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.