A Competitive Genetic Algorithm for Single Row Facility Layout
AbstractThe single row facility layout is the NP-Hard problem of arranging facilities with given lengths on a line, so as to minimize the weighted sum of the distances between all pairs of facilities. Owing to the computational complexity of the problem, researchers have developed several heuristics to obtain good quality solutions. A genetic algorithm to solve large SRFLP instances is presented. [W.P. No. 2012-03-01]. URL:[http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/assets/snippets/workingpaperpdf/11085928692012-03-01.pdf].
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:4915.
Date of creation: Apr 2012
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
Facilities planning and design; Single Row Facility Layout; Genetic algorithm; NP-Hard problem; competitive; population generation method; Random initialization (RND); Flow based permutation (FBP); Worst pair together (WPT); mating pool; Roulette; Partially-matched crossover (PMX); Cycle crossover (CX); Swap Mutation;
Other versions of this item:
- Kothari, Ravi & Ghosh, Diptesh, . "A Competitive Genetic Algorithm for Single Row Facility Layout," IIMA Working Papers WP2012-03-01, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heragu, Sunderesh S. & Alfa, Attahiru Sule, 1992. "Experimental analysis of simulated annealing based algorithms for the layout problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 190-202, March.
- Heragu, Sunderesh S. & Kusiak, Andrew, 1991. "Efficient models for the facility layout problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 1-13, July.
- Ravi Kumar, K. & Hadjinicola, George C. & Lin, Ting-li, 1995. "A heuristic procedure for the single-row facility layout problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 65-73, November.
- Samarghandi, Hamed & Eshghi, Kourosh, 2010. "An efficient tabu algorithm for the single row facility layout problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 205(1), pages 98-105, August.
- Datta, Dilip & Amaral, André R.S. & Figueira, José Rui, 2011. "Single row facility layout problem using a permutation-based genetic algorithm," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 213(2), pages 388-394, September.
- Kothari, Ravi & Ghosh, Diptesh, . "Scatter Search Algorithms for the Single Row Facility Layout Problem," IIMA Working Papers WP2012-04-01, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.