Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Developing Countries
AbstractHow does innovation impact on development? How, and under what conditions, do entrepreneurs in developing countries innovate? And what can be done to support innovation by entrepreneurs in developing countries? This policy brief addresses these questions and explains the relationship between entrepreneurship, innovation and development. Policy lessons are drawn from historical, cross-country and individual country experiences. [UNU Policy Brief 01/2011]. URL:[http://www.wider.unu.edu/publications/policy-briefs/en_GB/unupb1-2011/].
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:4460.
Date of creation: Sep 2011
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
Innovation; Entrepreneurship; Developing Countries; historical; cross-country; development; economies; investment; production; innovation; location; research and development; psychological trait; domestic firms; Capacity Building; market; educational policies; India; high-skilled labour;
Other versions of this item:
- Wim Naudé & Adam Szirmai & Micheline Goedhuys, 2011. "Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Developing Countries," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Policy Brief Pb, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gries Thomas & Naude Wim, 2011.
"Entrepreneurship, Structural Change and a Global Economic Crisis,"
Entrepreneurship Research Journal,
De Gruyter, vol. 1(3), pages 1-43, July.
- Gries, Thomas & Naude, Wim, 2010. "Entrepreneurship, Structural Change and a Global Economic Crisis," Working Paper Series wp2010-57, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Wim Naudé, 2011. "The Global Financial Crisis and Development: Implications for the Entrepreneurial Economy," Working Papers 2011/01, Maastricht School of Management.
- Szirmai, Adam, 2011. "Angus Maddison and Development Economics," MERIT Working Papers 035, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.