The Evolution of Singapore Business: A Case Study Approach
AbstractThis volume contains summaries of 12 case studies for three categories of business organisations defined by ownership, i.e. foreign, state and (local) private. The case studies explore the history and pattern of development of 12 business groups/companies in Singapore, highlighting specified aspects including: turning points in terms of business growth, diversification and expansion in domestic, regional and global markets, the strategies that led to their achievements, the role of the government and the measures taken at micro-levels to negotiate the transition to a knowledge-based economy (KBE), and world-class excellence. [Working Paper No. 10. (Volume 2)]
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:2818.
Date of creation: Sep 2010
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
business; organisations; case studies; Singapore; domestic; regional; global markets; government; micro-levels; world-class; excellence;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-09-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2010-09-18 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-HIS-2010-09-18 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-SEA-2010-09-18 (South East Asia)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ramkishen Rajan, 2010. "The Currency and Financial Crisis in Southeast Asia: A Case of 'Sudden Death' or Death Foretold'?," Working Papers id:2583, eSocialSciences.
- Ramkishen Rajan, 2010. "Sand in the Wheels of International Finance: Revisiting the Debate in Light of the East Asian Mayhem," Working Papers id:2686, eSocialSciences.
- Ramkishen Rajan, 2010.
"Restraints On Capital Flows: What Are They?,"
- Ramkishen Rajan, 2010.
"The Japanese Economy and Economic Policy in Light of the East Asian Financial Crisis,"
- Ramkishen S. Rajan, 1998. "The Japanese Economy and Economic Policy in Light of the East Asian Financial Crisis," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22382, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Ramkishen S. Rajan & Chang Li Lin, 2010. "Regional Responses To The Southeast Asian Economic Crisis: A Case Of Self-Help Or No Help?," Working Papers id:2685, eSocialSciences.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.