On Self-financing of Institutions of Higher Learning in India
AbstractOur higher education system needs restructuring and it should avoid conspicuous consumption. Institutions should try to earn money by doing some productive activities. It should be made mandatory that every teacher will produce a book in his discipline at an interval of every five years – not by merely collecting articles written by others, but by writing a complete treatise himself, or translating a good book – which will be judged by a good publishing house in collaboration with the university and published if found suitable. It may fetch a good deal of revenue to the teacher himself, the university and the economy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:1124.
Date of creation: Aug 2007
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
economy; universities; teachers; higher education;
Other versions of this item:
- Mishra, SK, 2003. "On self-financing of institutions of higher learning in India," MPRA Paper 1829, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- J6 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- I22 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Educational Finance; Financial Aid
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
- O38 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mishra, SK, 2007. "India’s policy deficit: as I look at it," MPRA Paper 5035, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mishra, SK, 2003. "Issues and problems in human resource development in the NER (India)," MPRA Paper 1828, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.