Social Security for Migrant Labour in the Greater Mekong Subregion
AbstractThe paper examines the labour migration trends in ASEAN and in the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS), in particular, and analyses the ASEAN regional labour-related initiatives that seek to improve the protection of migrant workers
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT), an initiative of UNESCAP and IDRC, Canada. in its series Working Papers with number 12213.
Date of creation: Jan 2013
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in ARTNeT website
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.unescap.org/tid/artnet/
Social security; social protection; Greater Mekong Subregion; portability; ASEAN; labour migration;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-MIG-2013-03-02 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-SEA-2013-03-02 (South East Asia)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gloria Pasadilla & Manolo Abella, 2012. "Social Protection for Migrant Workers in ASEAN," CESifo Working Paper Series 3914, CESifo Group Munich.
- Pasadilla, Gloria, 2011. "Social security and labor migration in ASEAN," ADBI Research Policy Briefs 34, Asian Development Bank Institute.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yann Duval).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.