EU Federalism in Crisis
AbstractIn the run-up to this week’s European Council, Karel Lannoo offers his assessment of what has been put on the table so far in response to the euro crisis – and what more needs to be done. He starts with an assessment of the measures taken in the ‘six-pack’ and the debate on the Euro-plus Pact and then addresses some operational elements of the European Stability Mechanism and the question whether the EU is, as often alleged, a transfer union. The CEPS Chief Executive concludes his brief by proposing a pragmatic agenda of items on which the EU could advance towards a more federal economic union.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for European Policy Studies in its series CEPS Papers with number 6498.
Length: 9 pages
Date of creation: Dec 2011
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-02-01 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul De Grauwe & Daniel Gros, 2009. "A New Two-Pillar Strategy for the ECB," CESifo Working Paper Series 2818, CESifo Group Munich.
- Valiante, Diego, 2011. "The Eurozone Debt Crisis: From its origins to a way forward," CEPS Papers 5985, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Haug, Jutta & Lamassoure, Alain & Verhofstadt, Guy & Gros, Daniel & De Grauwe, Paul & Ricard-Nihoul, Gaëtane & Rubio, Eulalia, 2011. "Europe for Growth: For a Radical Change in Financing the EU," CEPS Papers 4374, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Zsolt Darvas, 2010.
"Fiscal Federalism in Crisis: Lessons for Europe from the US,"
IEHAS Discussion Papers
1021, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Zsolt Darvas, 2010. "Fiscal federalism in crisis: lessons for Europe from the US," Policy Contributions 420, Bruegel.
- Zsolt Darvas, 2010. "Fiscal Federalism in Crisis: Lessons for Europe from the US," Working Papers 1002, Department of Mathematical Economics and Economic Analysis, Corvinus University of Budapest, revised 10 Sep 2010.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Margarita Minkova).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.