The informational content of household decisions with applications to insurance under adverse selection
AbstractWe discuss how to detect the informational content of household decisions among the explanatory variables of econometric models. Two applications to the choice of automobile insurance contracts and the demand for life insurance are provided. We show that the information provided by additional decision variables is rather weak and often non significant.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise in its series THEMA Working Papers with number 98-06.
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 33, boulevard du port - 95011 Cergy-Pontoise Cedex
Phone: 33 1 34 25 60 63
Fax: 33 1 34 25 62 33
Web page: http://thema.u-cergy.fr
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Dionne, G. & Gourieroux, C. & Vanasse, C., 1998. "The Informational Content of Household Decisions with Applications to Insurance under Adverse Selection," Papers 9806, Paris X - Nanterre, U.F.R. de Sc. Ec. Gest. Maths Infor..
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- G. Dionne, 1998.
"La mesure empirique des problèmes d'information,"
THEMA Working Papers
98-33, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Dionne, G. & Gagne, R., 2000.
"Replacement Cost Endorsement and Opportunitic Fraud in Automobile Insurance,"
Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales de Montreal-
00-01, Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales de Montreal-Chaire de gestion des risques..
- Dionne, Georges & Gagne, Robert, 2002. " Replacement Cost Endorsement and Opportunistic Fraud in Automobile Insurance," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 213-30, May.
- G. Dionne & R. Gagné, 2000. "Replacement Cost Endorsement and Opportunistic Fraud in Automobile Insurance," THEMA Working Papers 2000-06, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marion Oury).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.