On the Nature of the Malthusian Threat in the Eighteenth Century
AbstractArgues that on the basis of evidence of British soldiers there was a threat of a Malthusian crisis on the eve of the Industrial Revolution.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, University of Munich in its series Articles by John Komlos with number 6.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Publication status: published in Economic History Review, 1999, 52(2), 730-748
Industrial Revolution; Malthusian Trap;
Other versions of this item:
- John Komlos, 1999. "On the nature of the Malthusian threat in the eighteenth century," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 52(4), pages 730-748, November.
- N33 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Europe: Pre-1913
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Komlos, John, 2003. "How to (and How Not to) Analyze Deficient Height Samples," Discussion Papers in Economics 56, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- H. Schneeweiss & J. Komlos & A. Ahmad, 2010. "Symmetric and asymmetric rounding: a review and some new results," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer, vol. 94(3), pages 247-271, September.
- Komlos, John & Cinnirella, Francesco, 2005. "European Heights in the Early 18th Century," Discussion Papers in Economics 572, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Robert Allen & Robert C. Allen, 2007. "Engel`s Pause: A Pessimist`s Guide to the British Industrial Revolution," Economics Series Working Papers 315, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- A'Hearn, Brian & Komlos, John, 2003. "Improvements in Maximum Likelihood Estimators of Truncated Normal Samples with Prior Knowledge of σ," Discussion Papers in Economics 51, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Utku Teksoez) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Utku Teksoez to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.