Histoire anthropomérique: bilan de deux décennies de Recherche
AbstractReviews the evidence on early-industrial height cycles and shows why the economic transition put downward pressure on the nutritional status of the European and American populations.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, University of Munich in its series Articles by John Komlos with number 41.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Publication status: published in Economies et Sociétés, 2002, 29
early Industrial height cycles; nutritional status;
Other versions of this item:
- J.Komlos, 2003. "Histoire anthropométrique: bilan de deux décennies de recherche," Economies et Sociétés (Serie 'Histoire Economique Quantitative'), Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC), issue 29, pages 1-24, January.
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- N31 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - U.S.; Canada: Pre-1913
- N33 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Europe: Pre-1913
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard H. Steckel, 2008.
"Heights and Human Welfare: Recent Developments and New Directions,"
NBER Working Papers
14536, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steckel, Richard H., 2009. "Heights and human welfare: Recent developments and new directions," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Boëtsch, Gilles & Brus, Aude & Ancel, Bruno, 2008. "Stature, economy and migration during the 19th century: Comparative analysis of Haute-Vienne and Hautes-Alpes, France," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 170-180, March.
- Heyberger, Laurent, 2007. "Toward an anthropometric history of provincial France, 1780-1920," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 229-254, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Utku Teksoez) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Utku Teksoez to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.