Efficient Estimation in Semiparametric Time Series: the ACD Model
AbstractIn this paper we consider efficient estimation in semiparametric ACD models. We consider a suite of model specifications that impose less and less structure. We calculate the corresponding efficiency bounds, discuss the construction of efficient estimators in each case, and study tvide a simulation study that shows the practical gain from using the proposed semiparametric procedures. We find that, although one does not gain as much as theory suggests, these semiparametric procedures definitely outperform more classical procedures. We apply the procedures to model semiparametrically durations observed on the Paris Bourse for the Alcatel stock in July and August 1996.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Econometric Society in its series Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers with number 0836.
Date of creation: 01 Aug 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Phone: 1 212 998 3820
Fax: 1 212 995 4487
Web page: http://www.econometricsociety.org/pastmeetings.asp
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luc Bauwens & Pierre Giot & Joachim Grammig & David Veredas, 2004.
"A comparison of financial duration models via density forecast,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/136218, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Bauwens, Luc & Giot, Pierre & Grammig, Joachim & Veredas, David, 2004. "A comparison of financial duration models via density forecasts," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 589-609.
- Luc Bauwens & Pierre Giot & Joachim Grammig & David Veredas, 2000. "A Comparison of Financial Duration Models via Density Forecasts," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0810, Econometric Society.
- BAUWENS , Luc & GIOT, Pierre & GRAMMIG, Joachim & VEREDAS, David, 2000. "A comparison of financial duration models via density forecasts," CORE Discussion Papers 2000060, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- BAUWENS, Luc & GIOT, Pierre & GRAMMIG, Joachim & VEREDAS, David, . "A comparison of financial duration models via density forecasts," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1746, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Taylor, Nicholas, 2004. "Trading intensity, volatility, and arbitrage activity," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 1137-1162, May.
- VEREDAS, David & RODRIGUEZ-POO, Juan & ESPASA, Antoni, 2002.
"On the (intradaily) seasonality and dynamics of a financial point process: a semiparametric approach,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2002023, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- David Veredas & Juan Rodriguez-Poo & Antoni Espasa, 2001. "On the (Intradaily) Seasonality and Dynamics of a Financial Point Process : A Semiparametric Approach," Working Papers 2001-19, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- David Veredas & Juan M. Rodríguez-Poo & Antoni Espasa, 2001. "On The (Intradaily) Seasonality And Dynamics Of A Financial Point Process: A Semiparametric Approach," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws013321, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
- Nikolaus Hautsch & Winfried Pohlmeier, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Financial Transaction Data: Pitfalls and Opportunities," CoFE Discussion Paper 01-05, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.