Financial wealth in later life: evidence from BHPS data
AbstractThis paper examines evidence from the British Household Panel Survey on the distribution of financial wealth amongst benefit units in 1995 and 2000, and in particular focuses on older individuals as they approach and move through their retirement. We analyse the links between financial wealth, housing wealth and pension status and look at lessons and implications for the current policy debate on pensions, savings and the adequacy of financial provision for retirement.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Royal Economic Society in its series Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 with number 14.
Date of creation: 04 Jun 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Office of the Secretary-General, School of Economics and Finance, University of St. Andrews, St. Andrews, Fife, KY16 9AL, UK
Phone: +44 1334 462479
Web page: http://www.res.org.uk/society/annualconf.asp
More information through EDIRC
incomes; wealth; pensions; housing wealth; life-cycle model;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice and Growth - - - Intertemporal Consumer Choice; Life Cycle Models and Saving
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Irving Fisher Committee, 2007. "Proceedings of the IFC Conference on "Measuring the financial position of the household sector", Basel, 30-31 August 2006 - Volume 1," IFC Bulletins, Bank for International Settlements, number 25, May.
- Orazio Attanasio & James Banks & Matthew Wakefield, 2004.
"Effectiveness of tax incentives to boost (retirement) saving: theoretical motivation and empirical evidence,"
IFS Working Papers
W04/33, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Attanasio, OP & Banks, J & Wakefield, M, 2004. "Effectiveness of tax incentives to boost (retirement) saving:theoretical motivation and empirical evidence," Open Access publications from University College London http://discovery.ucl.ac.u, University College London.
- Eva Sierminska & Andrea Brandolini & Timothy M Smeeding, 2007. "Comparing wealth distribution across rich countries: the Luxembourg Wealth Study project," IFC Bulletins chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Proceedings of the IFC Conference on "Measuring the financial position of the household sector", Basel, 30-31 August 2006 - Volume 1, volume 25, pages 297-310 Bank for International Settlements.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.