Participation, unemployment and wage bargaining in a real business cycle model
AbstractThe objective of this article is to evaluate quantitative implications of the hypothesis of matching, with endogenous participation, in the framework of a real cycle model. The choice of participation results from a trade off between domestic production and search for a job. Thus, fluctuations of the unemployment summarise the flows in and out of the labour force. Moreover, in this model, unemployment fluctuations are not Pareto optimal as in Andolfatto  and Merz . Results of the simulations show how it is possible to explain some stylised facts of the American labour market when flows on this market are so clarified.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES) in its series Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) with number 1996034.
Date of creation: 01 Sep 1996
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D58 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Computable and Other Applied General Equilibrium Models
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- J41 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Labor Contracts
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raquel Fonseca & Rafael Muñoz, 2003.
"Can the matching model account for Spanish unemployment?,"
Fundación SEPI, vol. 27(2), pages 277-308, May.
- Fonseca, Raquel & Munoz, Rafael, 2002. "Can the matching model account for Spanish unemployment?," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 0203, CEPREMAP.
- Fonseca, Raquel & Muñoz, Rafael, 1999. "Can the Matching Model Account for Spanish Unemployment ?," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1999012, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sebastien SCHILLINGS).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.