Optimal Debt Exchange Offers
AbstractThis paper examines the pricing and efficiency implications of debt exchange offers. The continuous-time model employed yields simple asset pricing formulae as well as closed-form solutions for the parameters characterising optimal debt exchanges offers. Polar cases are examined in which the debt is either held by a single bank or by many bond-holders, that is respectively private or public debt. A comparative analysis of the efficiency properties of each form of debt yields the interesting finding that under the often criticised exit-consent provision, optimal public debt exchange offers are ex-ante the most efficient.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES) in its series Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) with number 1995022.
Date of creation: 01 May 1995
Date of revision:
exchange offers; corporate bonds; agency costs;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anderson, Ronald W. & Sundaresan, Suresh & Tychon, Pierre, 1996. "Strategic analysis of contingent claims," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-5), pages 871-881, April.
- Jianjun Miao, 2011.
"Optimal Capital Structure and Industry Dynamics,"
CEMA Working Papers
440, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Anderson, Ronald W. & Tu, Cheng, 1996. "Numerical analysis of strategic contingent claims models," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1997004, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES), revised 00 Jan 1997.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anne DAVISTER-LOGIST).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.