Advertising and competitive access pricing to internet services or pay-TV
AbstractWe study access pricing by platforms providing internet services or pay-TV to users while they allow advertisers to have access to these users against payment via ads or banners. Users are assumed to be ad-haters. It is shown that equilibrium access prices in the users’ market are increasing in the dimension of the advertising market : the larger the number of advertisers, the higher the access prices for both platforms.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques in its series Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) with number 2006044.
Date of creation: 01 Sep 2006
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- GABSZEWICZ, Jean J. & LAUSSEL, Didier & SONNAC, Nathalie, 2006. "Advertising and competitive access pricing to internet services or pay-TV," CORE Discussion Papers 2006086, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- NEP-ALL-2007-01-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2007-01-13 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CUL-2007-01-13 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2007-01-13 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-MKT-2007-01-13 (Marketing)
- NEP-NET-2007-01-13 (Network Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statistics
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anne DAVISTER-LOGIST).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.