Market-based Opportunities to Improve Environmental Flows: A scoping paper
AbstractReport to Environment Australia. The objective of this paper is to promote discussion relating to the trading and banking of environmental water allocations in the context of the Australian water industry. The paper discusses issues essential to the definition of environmental allocations as well as several approaches for increasing the size of environmental allocations. It then focuses on the direct market based mechanisms of trade in and banking of environmental flows and identifies issues requiring further investigation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Policy and Economic Research Unit, CSIRO Land and Water, Adelaide, Australia in its series Natural Resource Management Economics with number 00_004.
Length: 18 pages
Date of creation: Jun 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Policy & Economic Research Unit, CSIRO Land and Water, PMB2, Glen Osmond, South Australia 5064
Web page: http://www.clw.csiro.au/research/peru/
More information through EDIRC
Australia; natural resource management; Market-based opportunities; environmental flows;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q1 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Garrick, D. & Siebentritt, M.A. & Aylward, B. & Bauer, C.J. & Purkey, A., 2009. "Water markets and freshwater ecosystem services: Policy reform and implementation in the Columbia and Murray-Darling Basins," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 366-379, December.
- Mike Young & Jim McColl, 2003. "Robust Reform: Implementing robust institutional arrangements to achieve efficient water use in Australia," Natural Resource Management Economics 03_003, Policy and Economic Research Unit, CSIRO Land and Water, Adelaide, Australia.
- Anonymous, 2003. "Water Rights Arrangements in Australia and Overseas," Commission Research Papers 31899, Productivity Commission.
- Ann Vourc'h & Robert W.R. Price, 2001. "Encouraging Environmentally Sustainable Growth in Australia," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 309, OECD Publishing.
- Brennan, Donna C., 2006. "Water policy reform in Australia: lessons from the Victorian seasonal water market," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 50(3), September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marcia Sanderson).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.