Spanish Local and Regional Public Transport
AbstractThis paper carries out a systematic analysis of the components of the Spanish urban and metropolitan public transportation system, taking into account different representative urban areas. It aims at providing an overall image and, with this purpose, it sets the roles played by the various components in the general structure. First, it is detailed the current legal framework, according to the state, regional and local competencies. Then, it analyzes the main regulatory instruments, the prevailing organizational forms and the most significant data related to the demand and supply of the urban public transportation services. The paper continues with the characterization of the funding resources, mainly resulting from general public budgets. Finally it analyzes the quality of the system, not only from an operational point of view, but also from and environmental perspective.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CIRIEC - Université de Liège in its series CIRIEC Working Papers with number 1002.
Date of creation: Feb 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Universit&eaucte; de Liège au Sart-Tilman, Bât. B33, bte 6, 4000 Liège
Phone: 32/4/366 27 46
Fax: 32/4/366 29 58
Web page: http://www.ciriec.ulg.ac.be/
More information through EDIRC
public transport systems; transportation and utilities; Government Policy and Regulation; public funding; efficiency; sustainability; quality.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- J52 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Dispute Resolution: Strikes, Arbitration, and Mediation
- L91 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Transportation: General
- L92 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Railroads and Other Surface Transportation
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
- R4 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics
- R51 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Finance in Urban and Rural Economies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrea ZATTI, 2011. "New organizational models in European Local Public Transport: from Myth to Reality," CIRIEC Working Papers 1106, CIRIEC - Université de Liège.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CIRIEC).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.