Trade Unions, Wages and Structural Adjustment in the New German States
AbstractThe rapid wage increases observed in Eastern Germany over the past two years have important implications for the direction taken by structural change in this region. These implications are not solely negative, and remain controversial in the public debate. This paper discusses four aspects of a `high wage policy' on the economic assumptions necessary to generate them.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers in its series CEPR Discussion Papers with number 652.
Date of creation: Jun 1992
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Centre for Economic Policy Research, 77 Bastwick Street, London EC1V 3PZ
Phone: 44 - 20 - 7183 8801
Fax: 44 - 20 - 7183 8820
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomics: Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution
- J38 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Public Policy
- J51 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Trade Unions: Objectives, Structure, and Effects
- J58 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Public Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas Krichel & Paul Levine, 1997. "The Welfare Economics of Rural to Urban Migration: The Harris-Todaro Model Revisited," School of Economics Discussion Papers 9702, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Karp, L. & Paul, T., 1998.
"Unemployment and the "Labour-Management Conspiracy","
98a27, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Karp, Larry & Paul, Thierry, 2000. "Unemployment and the 'Labour-Management Conspiracy.'," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(460), pages 113-35, January.
- Karp, Larry & Paul, Thierry, 1997. "Unemployment and the 'Labour-Management Conspiracy'," CEPR Discussion Papers 1724, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Karp, Larry & Paul, Thierry, 1998. "Unemployment and the "Labour-Management Conspiracy"," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt4w19p9qp, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.