Import duty incidence
AbstractUsing National Accounts data and static input-output analysis we assess the extent of shifting the incidence of Dutch import duties to foreign customers and global tariff incidence on final demands. About 70% of the tariffs collected in the Netherlands are paid by foreign customers, mainly those in other EU-countries. While the Dutch export the incidence of most of the import duties that they collect, they also import duties levied elsewhere in the EU. Assessing tariff incidence globally we conclude that Dutch tariff incidence is in line with the incidence in the other member states of the European Union. We extensively explain the computational procedures followed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis in its series CPB Memorandum with number 128.
Date of creation: Nov 2005
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- H22 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Incidence
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-03-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2006-03-25 (European Economics)
- NEP-INT-2006-03-25 (International Trade)
- NEP-PBE-2006-03-25 (Public Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.