Labor Mobility and Redistribution with Evolving Altruism : The Small Economy Case
AbstractThis paper analyzes the issue of income redistribution in a small economy in the process of opening itself to labor migration. It assumes that only full-fledged citizens benefit from redistribution and that it takes one period for a migrant to become a citizen. The degree of redistribution measured by the level of income transfer is shown to first increase and then decrease to its steady-state value.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) in its series CORE Discussion Papers with number 1995059.
Date of creation: 01 Oct 1995
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leite-Monteiro, Manuel, 1997.
"Redistributive policy with labour mobility across countries,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 229-244, August.
- LEITE MONTEIRO , Manuel, 1994. "Redistributive Policy with Labour Mobility across Countries," CORE Discussion Papers 1994070, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Cremer, H. & Pestieau, P., .
"Distributive implications of European integration,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1237, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Cremer, Helmuth & Pestieau, Pierre, 2002. "Factor Mobility and Redistribution: A Survey," IDEI Working Papers 154, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised 2003.
- Pestieau, Pierre, 1996. "Politique sociale, redistribution et intégration économique," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 72(3), pages 275-289, septembre.
- Seija Parviainen, 1998. "Redistribution and Risk Sharing in EMU," Discussion Papers 159, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.