Impact Analysis of Regional Knowledge Subsidy: a CGE Approach
AbstractIn this paper we present a computable general equilibrium model for the region of Sardinia for the purpose of evaluating the capacity of R&D policies to affect the long run rate of growth. The model incorporates induced technical change and allow for external knowledge spillovers. We find that the cost of R&D policies may change according to the wage setting prevailing into the region. Furthermore, the capacity of such a policy to generate knowledge spillovers from the international and interregional trade are quite modest. Indeed, the capacity of the regional system to internalize the technological level embody in the imported good is partially offset by an increase in internal efficiency lowering the share of import but increasing competitiveness.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia in its series Working Paper CRENoS with number 200811.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
regional modelling; induced technical change and r&d policies;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R13 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - General Equilibrium and Welfare Economic Analysis of Regional Economies
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-07-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2008-07-30 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2008-07-30 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-KNM-2008-07-30 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zuzana Křístková, 2012. "Impact Of R&D Investment On Economic Growth Of The Czech Republic - A Recursively Dynamic Cge Approach," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2012(4), pages 412-433.
- repec:prg:jnlpep:v:2013:y:2013:i:4:id:432:p:412-433 is not listed on IDEAS
- Patrizio Lecca & Peter McGregor & Kim Swales, 2011. "Forward Looking and Myopic Regional Computable General Equilibrium Models. How Significant is the Distinction?," Working Papers 1133, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ernesto Batteta).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.