Stress Testing the Czech Banking System: Where Are We? Where Are We Going?
AbstractThis note summarizes the various outputs from the CNB research project Stress Testing for Banking Supervision. Previous research notes in this project presented the key stress testing concepts and discussed the design of stress tests in general terms. Since then, the project has generated outputs that were presented, for example, in the CNB's first Financial Stability Report. The note describes the current status of the project by presenting the latest stress test results and by comparing the methodology of these tests with those presented by other central banks. Finally, the note suggests further steps to improve the stress testing program at the CNB, such as strengthening credit risk modeling, including by engaging commercial banks in the exercise. The note is accompanied by an appendix presenting one of the project's outputs, namely a survey of stress testing practices in commercial banks.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Czech National Bank, Research Department in its series Research and Policy Notes with number 2005/02.
Date of creation: Feb 2005
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Na Prikope 28, 115 03 Prague 1
Phone: 00420 2 2442 1111
Fax: 00420 2 2421 8522
Web page: http://www.cnb.cz/en/research/research_intro/
More information through EDIRC
Banking system; stress tests;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-01-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2007-01-23 (Banking)
- NEP-CFN-2007-01-23 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-FMK-2007-01-23 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-MAC-2007-01-23 (Macroeconomics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mizuho Kida, 2008. "A macro stress testing model with feedback effects," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2008/08, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jan Babecky).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.