Can health warnings and nutritional information lower welfare?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley in its series Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series with number qt6fc1k3tj.
Date of creation: 01 Jun 1981
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 207 Giannini Hall #3310, Berkeley, CA 94720-3310
Phone: (510) 642-3345
Fax: (510) 643-8911
Web page: http://www.escholarship.org/repec/are_ucb/
More information through EDIRC
benefit-cost analysis; competition; health; monopolies; nutrition; welfare economics;
Other versions of this item:
- Perloff, Jeffrey M., 1981. "Can health warnings and nutritional information lower welfare?," CUDARE Working Paper Series 181, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bettman, James R, 1975. " Issues in Designing Consumer Information Environments," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 2(3), pages 169-77, December.
- Seade, Jesus K, 1980. "On the Effects of Entry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(2), pages 479-89, March.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Sexton, Richard J., 1979. "A Theory On Information And Its Application To The Effect Of Labeling On Food Products," Staff Papers 13450, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Jacoby, Jacob & Szybillo, Geroge J & Busato-Schach, Jacqueline, 1977. " Information Acquisition Behavior in Brand Choice Situations," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(4), pages 209-16, March.
- Scammon, Debra L, 1977. " "Information Load" and Consumers," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(3), pages 148-55, December.
- Berning, Carol A Kohn & Jacoby, Jacob, 1974. " Patterns of Information Acquisition in New Product Purchases," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 1(2), pages 18-22, Se.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.