Measurement of Trends in Poverty and the Income Distribution
AbstractThis paper reports on the recent evolution of the distribution of income and income poverty in five European countries: Belgium, France, Ireland, Italy and the UK. The aim is to demonstrate the value of a unified perspective by asking the same questions of evidence from a range of sources. The paper draws on studies of individual countries and on studies which compare two or more countries. It focuses on the 1980s and 1990s, although comparable evidence from earlier years is also reported.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge in its series Cambridge Working Papers in Economics with number 9712.
Date of creation: May 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.econ.cam.ac.uk/index.htm
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Checchi, D., 2000.
"Does Educational Achievement Help to Explain Income Inequality?,"
208, World Institute for Development Economics Research.
- Daniele Checchi, 2000. "Does educational achievement help to explain income inequality?," Departmental Working Papers 2000-11, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Goldberg, Pinelopi Koujianou & Verboven, Frank, 2001.
"The Evolution of Price Dispersion in the European Car Market,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(4), pages 811-48, October.
- Goldberg, Pinelopi Koujianou & Verboven, Frank, 1998. "The Evolution of Price Dispersion in the European Car Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 2029, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pinelopi Koujianou Goldberg & Frank Verboven, 1998. "The Evolution of Price Dispersion in the European Car Market," NBER Working Papers 6818, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peichl, Andreas & Schaefer, Thilo & Scheicher, Christoph, 2008.
"Measuring Richness and Poverty: A Micro Data Application to Europe and Germany,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3790, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Andreas Peichl & Thilo Schaefer & Christoph Scheicher, 2010. "Measuring Richness And Poverty: A Micro Data Application To Europe And Germany," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 56(3), pages 597-619, 09.
- A.B. Atkinson, 1998. "The distribution of income in industrialized countries," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 11-32.
- Anthony B. Atkinson, 2000. "The Changing Distribution of Income: Evidence and Explanations," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 1(1), pages 3-18, 02.
- Daniele Checchi, 2001.
"Education, inequality and income inequality,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
6566, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Daniele Checchi, 2001. "Education, Inequality and Income Inequality," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 52, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Howard Cobb).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.