Option Pricing in a Fractional Brownian Motion Environment
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is to obtain a fractional Black-Scholes formula for the price of an option for every t in [0,T], a fractional Black-Scholes equation and a risk-neutral valuation theorem if the underlying is driven by a fractional Brownian motion BH (t), 1/2
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Bucharest University of Economics, Center for Advanced Research in Finance and Banking - CARFIB in its series Advances in Economic and Financial Research - DOFIN Working Paper Series with number 2.
Date of creation: Jan 2008
Date of revision:
fractional Brownian motion; fractional Black-Scholes market; quasiconditional expectation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
- C60 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - General
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ciprian Necula, 2008. "Pricing European and Barrier Options in the Fractional Black-Scholes Market," Advances in Economic and Financial Research - DOFIN Working Paper Series 20, Bucharest University of Economics, Center for Advanced Research in Finance and Banking - CARFIB.
- Guido VENIER, 2008.
"A New Model For Stock Price Movements,"
Journal of Applied Economic Sciences,
Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 3(3(5)_Fall), pages 329-350.
- Kyong-Hui Kim & Myong-Guk Sin, 2013. "Efficient hedging in general Black-Scholes model," Papers 1308.6387, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2014.
- Laurini, Márcio Poletti & Hotta, Luiz Koodi, 2013. "Indirect Inference in fractional short-term interest rate diffusions," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 109-126.
- Fajardo, J. & Cajueiro, D. O., 2003. "Volatility Estimation and Option Pricing with Fractional Brownian Motion," Finance Lab Working Papers flwp_53, Finance Lab, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Li Meng & Mei Wang, 2010. "Comparison of Black–Scholes Formula with Fractional Black–Scholes Formula in the Foreign Exchange Option Market with Changing Volatility," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 99-111, June.
- Rostek, Stefan & Schöbel, Rainer, 2006. "Risk preference based option pricing in a fractional Brownian market," TÃ¼binger DiskussionsbeitrÃ¤ge 299, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
- Ciprian Necula, 2008. "A Framework for Derivative Pricing in the Fractional Black-Scholes Market," Advances in Economic and Financial Research - DOFIN Working Paper Series 19, Bucharest University of Economics, Center for Advanced Research in Finance and Banking - CARFIB.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ciprian Necula) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ciprian Necula to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.