Portfoliomodell und langfristiges Wachstum: Neue Makroperspektiven
AbstractThe standard BRANSON model is modified in a way which allows to focus on the short term dynamics of foreign bonds markets, the money market and the stock market - or alternatively the oil market. This allows to explain the dynamics of the exchange rate and the oil price within a portfolio choice model. Moreover, a straightforward way to combine a portfolio approach with a growth model is developed. New results are obtained - through multiplier ana lysis - about the long term effects of changes in the savings rate, the process innovation rate, the product innovation variable and the money supply on the exchange rate and the stock market price; this raises many empirical issues. The Fisher equation is derived endogenously.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universitätsbibliothek Wuppertal, University Library in its series EIIW Discussion paper with number disbei157.
Length: 31 Pages
Date of creation: Nov 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://elpub.bib.uni-wuppertal.de
Wachstum; Portfoliomodell; Innovationen; Aktienmärkte; Makroökonomik;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- S. Illeris & G. Akehurst, 2002. "Introduction," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 1-3, January.
- Paul J.J. Welfens, 2009. "Portfolio Modelling and Growth," EIIW Discussion paper disbei161, Universitätsbibliothek Wuppertal, University Library.
- Werner Roeger, 2005. "International oil price changes: impact of oil prices on growth and inflation in the EU/OECD," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 15-32, 06.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Frank Hoffmann).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.