Brazilian 2010 presidential election: psychometric scaling of voting intention
AbstractWe apply the Thurstone method of unidimensional psychometric scaling to data sampled by CNI/IBOPE in three di¤erent periods before the Brazilian presidential election in 2010 regarding voting intention with respect to the main three candidates. Our results coincide with the overall rank of the candidates in each period and with the switch between the two main candidates in the last quarter before the election.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Departamento de Economia da Universidade de Brasilia in its series Working papers - Textos para Discussao do Departamento de Economia da Universidade de Brasilia with number 345.
Length: 10 pages
Date of creation: Jan 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Universidade de Brasília UnB - Campus Universitário Darcy Ribeiro Asa Norte CEP 70910-900, Brasília, Brasil
Fax: (61) 340-2311
Web page: http://e-groups.unb.br/face/eco/
More information through EDIRC
aggregate preferences; psychometric unidimensional scaling;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- C38 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Classification Methdos; Cluster Analysis; Principal Components; Factor Analysis
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-01-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2011-01-23 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-DCM-2011-01-23 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-POL-2011-01-23 (Positive Political Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luciano Póvoa).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.