Trade Liberalization, Market Discipline and Productivity Growth: New Evidence From India
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Brown University, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 96-8.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Note: Format 1 To be printed in landscape format
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, Brown University, Providence, RI 02912
Other versions of this item:
- Krishna, Pravin & Mitra, Devashish, 1998. "Trade liberalization, market discipline and productivity growth: new evidence from India," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 447-462, August.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Levinsohn, James, 1993.
"Testing the imports-as-market-discipline hypothesis,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(1-2), pages 1-22, August.
- James Levinsohn, 1991. "Testing the Imports-as-Market-Discipline Hypothesis," NBER Working Papers 3657, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Levinsohn, J., 1991. "Testing the Imports-As-Market-Discipline Hypothesis," Working Papers 272, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Devarajan, Shantayanan & Rodrik, Dani, 1991.
"Pro-competitive effects of trade reform : Results from a CGE model of Cameroon,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 1157-1184, July.
- Shantayanan Devarajan & Dani Rodrik, 1989. "Pro-Competitive Effects of Trade Reform: Results from a CGE Model of Cameroon," NBER Working Papers 3176, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N, 1982. "Directly Unproductive, Profit-seeking (DUP) Activities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(5), pages 988-1002, October.
- Ian Domowitz & R. Glenn Hubbard & Bruce C. Petersen, 1988.
"Market Structure and Cyclical Fluctuations in U.S. Manufacturing,"
NBER Working Papers
2115, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Domowitz, Ian & Hubbard, R Glenn & Petersen, Bruce C, 1988. "Market Structure and Cyclical Fluctuations in U.S. Manufacturing," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(1), pages 55-66, February.
- Tybout, James & de Melo, Jaime & Corbo, Vittorio, 1990.
"The effects of trade reforms on scale and technical efficiency : new evidence from Chile,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
481, The World Bank.
- Tybout, James & de Melo, Jamie & Corbo, Vittorio, 1991. "The effects of trade reforms on scale and technical efficiency : New evidence from Chile," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3-4), pages 231-250, November.
- Tybout, James R, 1992. "Linking Trade and Productivity: New Research Directions," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 6(2), pages 189-211, May.
- Norman, Victor D., 1990. "Assessing trade and welfare effects of trade liberalization : A comparison of alternative approaches to CGE modelling with imperfect competition," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 725-745, June.
- Harrison, Ann E., 1994. "Productivity, imperfect competition and trade reform : Theory and evidence," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1-2), pages 53-73, February.
- Bardhan, Pranab K, 1979. "Wages and Unemployment in a Poor Agrarian Economy: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(3), pages 479-500, June.
- Krueger, Anne O & Tuncer, Baran, 1982. "An Empirical Test of the Infant Industry Argument," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(5), pages 1142-52, December.
- Hall, Robert E, 1988.
"The Relation between Price and Marginal Cost in U.S. Industry,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(5), pages 921-47, October.
- Robert E. Hall, 1988. "The Relation Between Price and Marginal Cost in U.S. Industry," NBER Working Papers 1785, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Brown Economics Webmaster).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.