A new measure of local endowments of transport infrastructures
AbstractThe aim of this study is to develop a new method to measure local endowments of transport infrastructures. Starting from the analytical approach of the Â“new economic geographyÂ”, which emphasizes the role of spatial location in determining the growth performance of an economy, it is possible to build a system of indicators which include the effect of the speed and of the quality of transport infrastructures as well as of their physical stock. The new technique is applied to Italian provinces in order to study the action of road and rail transport in the different areas of the country.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area in its series Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) with number 624.
Date of creation: Apr 2007
Date of revision:
new economic geography; transport infrastructures; market potential;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- R40 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - General
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-05-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2007-05-19 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2007-05-19 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.