Trade with Asia and Skill Upgrading: Effects on Factor Markets in the Older Industrial Countries
AbstractEconomic growth and trade liberalization since the 1970s have led to rapid growth in exports from many developing countries. The link between this expansion and the tendancy for wage dispersion in the older industrial countries is explored in this paper using global general equilibrium analysis.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University in its series CEPR Discussion Papers with number 346.
Length: 43 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
ASIA; TRADE; INTERNATIONAL TRADE; DEVELOPING COUNTRIES; EXPORTS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- O40 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
- O53 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Popović, Milenko, 2007.
"Rising Wage Inequality, Rate of Return on Investment in Education and Cost of Education,"
EconStor Open Access Articles,
ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Milenko Popovic, 2007. "Rising Wage Inequality, Rate Of Return On Investment In Education, And Cost Of Education," Montenegrin Journal of Economics, Economic Laboratory for Transition Research (ELIT), vol. 3(5), pages 35-58.
- Popovic, Milenko, 2007. "Rising Wage Inequality, Rate Of Return On Investment In Education, And Cost Of Education," MPRA Paper 6049, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Niven Winchester, 2006. "Searching for the Smoking Gun: Did Trade Hurt Unskilled Workers?," Working Papers 0605, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2006.
- Greenaway, David & Nelson, Douglas, 2000. "The Assessment: Globalization and Labour-Market Adjustment," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(3), pages 1-11, Autumn.
- Niven Winchester, 2006. "Trade and Rising Wage Inequality: What can we learn from a Decade of Computable General Equilibrium Analysis?," Working Papers 0606, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2006.
- Le, Anh T & Miller, Paul W, 2000. "Australia's Unemployment Problem," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 76(232), pages 74-104, March.
- Rod Tyers, 2013. "International Effects of China's Rise and Transition: Neoclassical and Keynesian Perspectives," CAMA Working Papers 2013-44, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.