The Elasticity of Substitution and the Limiting Behavior of Marginal Products
AbstractA two factor production function with a variable elasticity of substitution is considered. The note describes the relation between the elasticity and the behavior of the marginal products and the output per unit input as the factor ratio approaches zero or infinity.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC) in its series UFAE and IAE Working Papers with number 339.96.
Length: 12 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
ELASTICITY; SUBSTITUTION EFFECT;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D20 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - General
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- D29 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Other
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Xavier Vila).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.