Pivotal estimation in high-dimensional regression via linear programming
AbstractWe propose a new method of estimation in high-dimensional linear regression model. It allows for very weak distributional assumptions including heteroscedasticity, and does not require the knowledge of the variance of random errors. The method is based on linear programming only, so that its numerical implementation is faster than for previously known techniques using conic programs, and it allows one to deal with higher dimensional models. We provide upper bounds for estimation and prediction errors of the proposed estimator showing that it achieves the same rate as in the more restrictive situation of fixed design and i.i.d. Gaussian errors with known variance. Following Gautier and Tsybakov (2011), we obtain the results under weaker sensitivity assumptions than the restricted eigenvalue or assimilated conditions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1303.7092.
Date of creation: Mar 2013
Date of revision: Apr 2013
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
Other versions of this item:
- Eric Gautier & Alexandre B, Tsybakov, 2013. "Pivotal Estimation in High-Dimensional Regression via Linear Programming," Working Papers, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique 2013-40, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Eric Gautier & Alexandre Tsybakov, 2013. "Pivotal estimation in high-dimensional regression via linear programming," Working Papers hal-00805556, HAL.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A. Belloni & V. Chernozhukov & L. Wang, 2011. "Square-root lasso: pivotal recovery of sparse signals via conic programming," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, Biometrika Trust, vol. 98(4), pages 791-806.
- Eric Gautier & Alexandre Tsybakov, 2014.
"High-dimensional instrumental variables regression and confidence sets,"
- Eric Gautier & Alexandre Tsybakov, 2011. "High-Dimensional Instrumental Variables Regression and Confidence Sets," Working Papers, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique 2011-13, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- A. Belloni & D. Chen & Victor Chernozhukov & Christian Hansen, 2010.
"Sparse models and methods for optimal instruments with an application to eminent domain,"
CeMMAP working papers, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies
CWP31/10, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- A. Belloni & D. Chen & V. Chernozhukov & C. Hansen, 2012. "Sparse Models and Methods for Optimal Instruments With an Application to Eminent Domain," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 80(6), pages 2369-2429, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.