Collateral Margining in Arbitrage-Free Counterparty Valuation Adjustment including Re-Hypotecation and Netting
AbstractThis paper generalizes the framework for arbitrage-free valuation of bilateral counterparty risk to the case where collateral is included, with possible re-hypotecation. We analyze how the payout of claims is modified when collateral margining is included in agreement with current ISDA documentation. We then specialize our analysis to interest-rate swaps as underlying portfolio, and allow for mutual dependences between the default times of the investor and the counterparty and the underlying portfolio risk factors. We use arbitrage-free stochastic dynamical models, including also the effect of interest rate and credit spread volatilities. The impact of re-hypotecation, of collateral margining frequency and of dependencies on the bilateral counterparty risk adjustment is illustrated with a numerical example.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1101.3926.
Date of creation: Jan 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-01-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2011-01-30 (Banking)
- NEP-RMG-2011-01-30 (Risk Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Damiano Brigo & Mirela Predescu & Agostino Capponi, 2010. "Credit Default Swaps Liquidity modeling: A survey," Papers 1003.0889, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2010.
- Claudio Albanese & Damiano Brigo & Frank Oertel, 2011.
"Restructuring Counterparty Credit Risk,"
1112.1607, arXiv.org, revised May 2012.
- Claudio Albanese & Damiano Brigo & Frank Oertel, 2013. "Restructuring Counterparty Credit Risk," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 16(02), pages 1350010-1-1.
- Lixin Wu, 2013. "CVA and FVA to Derivatives Trades Collateralized by Cash," Papers 1302.0465, arXiv.org.
- Chris Kenyon & Richard David Kenyon, 2013. "DVA for Assets," Papers 1301.5425, arXiv.org.
- Vanini, Paolo, 2012. "Fiancial Innovation, Structuring and Risk Transfer," MPRA Paper 42536, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Biffis, Enrico & Blake, David & Pitotti, Lorenzo & Sun, Ariel, 2011. "The cost of counterparty risk and collateralization in longevity swaps," MPRA Paper 35740, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marco Bianchetti & Mattia Carlicchi, 2013. "Markets Evolution After the Credit Crunch," Papers 1301.7078, arXiv.org.
- St\'ephane Cr\'epey & R\'emi Gerboud & Zorana Grbac & Nathalie Ngor, 2012. "Counterparty Risk and Funding: The Four Wings of the TVA," Papers 1210.5046, arXiv.org.
- Tomasz R. Bielecki & Igor Cialenco & Ismail Iyigunler, 2012. "Collateralized CVA Valuation with Rating Triggers and Credit Migrations," Papers 1205.6542, arXiv.org.
- Damiano Brigo, 2011. "Counterparty Risk FAQ: Credit VaR, PFE, CVA, DVA, Closeout, Netting, Collateral, Re-hypothecation, WWR, Basel, Funding, CCDS and Margin Lending," Papers 1111.1331, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2012.
- Tomasz R. Bielecki & Marek Rutkowski, 2013. "Valuation and hedging of OTC contracts with funding costs, collateralization and counterparty credit risk: Part 1," Papers 1306.4733, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2013.
- Bianchetti, Marco & Carlicchi, Mattia, 2012. "Markets Evolution After the Credit Crunch," MPRA Paper 44023, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Damiano Brigo & Cristin Buescu & Massimo Morini, 2011. "Impact of the first to default time on Bilateral CVA," Papers 1106.3496, arXiv.org.
- Damiano Brigo & Cristin Buescu & Andrea Pallavicini & Qing Liu, 2012. "Illustrating a problem in the self-financing condition in two 2010-2011 papers on funding, collateral and discounting," Papers 1207.2316, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2012.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.