Robust maximization of asymptotic growth
AbstractThis paper addresses the question of how to invest in a robust growth-optimal way in a market where the instantaneous expected return of the underlying process is unknown. The optimal investment strategy is identified using a generalized version of the principal eigenfunction for an elliptic second-order differential operator, which depends on the covariance structure of the underlying process used for investing. The robust growth-optimal strategy can also be seen as a limit, as the terminal date goes to infinity, of optimal arbitrages in the terminology of Fernholz and Karatzas [Ann. Appl. Probab. 20 (2010) 1179-1204].
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1005.3454.
Date of creation: May 2010
Date of revision: Aug 2012
Publication status: Published in Annals of Applied Probability 2012, Vol. 22, No. 4, 1576-1610
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-05-29 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert Fernholz, 2001. "Equity portfolios generated by functions of ranked market weights," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 469-486.
- Alexander Schied & Ching-Tang Wu, 2005. "Duality theory for optimal investments under model uncertainty," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2005-025, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany, revised Sep 2005.
- László Györfi & András Urbán & István Vajda, 2007. "Kernel-Based Semi-Log-Optimal Empirical Portfolio Selection Strategies," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 10(03), pages 505-516.
- Anne Gundel, 2005. "Robust utility maximization for complete and incomplete market models," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 151-176, 04.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.