Asymptotics of the probability minimizing a "down-side" risk
AbstractWe consider a long-term optimal investment problem where an investor tries to minimize the probability of falling below a target growth rate. From a mathematical viewpoint, this is a large deviation control problem. This problem will be shown to relate to a risk-sensitive stochastic control problem for a sufficiently large time horizon. Indeed, in our theorem we state a duality in the relation between the above two problems. Furthermore, under a multidimensional linear Gaussian model we obtain explicit solutions for the primal problem.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1001.2131.
Date of creation: Jan 2010
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Annals of Applied Probability 2010, Vol. 20, No. 1, 52-89
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stutzer, Michael, 2003. "Portfolio choice with endogenous utility: a large deviations approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 116(1-2), pages 365-386.
- Tadashi Hayashi & Jun Sekine, 2011. "Risk-sensitive Portfolio Optimization with Two-factor Having a Memory Effect," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 385-403, November.
- Watanabe, Yûsuke, 2013. "Asymptotic analysis for a downside risk minimization problem under partial information," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 123(3), pages 1046-1082.
- Hiroaki Hata, 2011. "“Down-Side Risk” Probability Minimization Problem with Cox-Ingersoll-Ross’s Interest Rates," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 69-87, March.
- Ichihara, Naoyuki, 2012. "Large time asymptotic problems for optimal stochastic control with superlinear cost," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 122(4), pages 1248-1275.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.