Portfolio choice with endogenous utility: a large deviations approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 116 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1-2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Samuelson, Paul A, 1969. "Lifetime Portfolio Selection by Dynamic Stochastic Programming," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 51(3), pages 239-46, August.
- Narayana R. Kocherlakota, 1995.
"The equity premium: it's still a puzzle,"
Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics
102, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Kraus, Alan & Litzenberger, Robert H, 1976. "Skewness Preference and the Valuation of Risk Assets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(4), pages 1085-1100, September.
- Bielecki, Tomasz R. & Pliska, Stanley R. & Sherris, Michael, 2000. "Risk sensitive asset allocation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 24(8), pages 1145-1177, July.
- Detemple, Jerome B & Zapatero, Fernando, 1991. "Asset Prices in an Exchange Economy with Habit Formation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1633-57, November.
- Campbell R. Harvey & Akhtar Siddique, 2000. "Conditional Skewness in Asset Pricing Tests," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(3), pages 1263-1295, 06.
- Kitamura, Yuichi & Stutzer, Michael, 2002. "Connections between entropic and linear projections in asset pricing estimation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 107(1-2), pages 159-174, March.
- Kroll, Yoram & Levy, Haim & Markowitz, Harry M, 1984. " Mean-Variance versus Direct Utility Maximization," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(1), pages 47-61, March.
- L. C. MacLean & W. T. Ziemba & G. Blazenko, 1992. "Growth Versus Security in Dynamic Investment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(11), pages 1562-1585, November.
- Yuichi Kitamura & Michael Stutzer, 1997. "An Information-Theoretic Alternative to Generalized Method of Moments Estimation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(4), pages 861-874, July.
- Tauchen, George, 2001. "Notes on financial econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 57-64, January.
- Lingjiong Zhu, 2013. "Optimal Strategies for a Long-Term Static Investor," Papers 1311.6179, arXiv.org.
- Jarrod Wilcox & Frank Fabozzi, 2009. "A Discretionary Wealth Approach to Investment Policy," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2434, Yale School of Management.
- Lars Peter Hansen & Jose A Sheinkman, 2007.
"Long-term Risk: An Operator Approach,"
122247000000001669, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Lars Peter Hansen & Jose Scheinkman, 2006. "Long Term Risk: An Operator Approach," NBER Working Papers 12650, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Scheinkman, José A., 2008. "Long Term Risk : An Operator Approach," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/2282, Paris Dauphine University.
- Haley, M. Ryan & McGee, M. Kevin, 2006. "Tilting safety first and the Sharpe portfolio," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 173-180, September.
- Levy, Haim & Levy, Moshe, 2009. "The safety first expected utility model: Experimental evidence and economic implications," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1494-1506, August.
- Jules H. van Binsbergen & Michael W. Brandt & Ralph S.J. Koijen, 2006.
"Optimal Decentralized Investment Management,"
NBER Working Papers
12144, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- E. Diecidue & Jeroen van de Ven & G.U. Weitzel, 2008. "Shareholdersâ€™ expectations, aspiration levels, and mergers," Working Papers 08-06, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Alexis Bonnet & Isabelle Nagot, 2005. "Methodology of measuring performance in alternative investment," Post-Print halshs-00196443, HAL.
- Govindaraj, Suresh, 2005. "Hypothesis testing for diffusion processes with continuous observations: Direct computation of large deviation results for error probabilities," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 234-247, December.
- Haley, M. Ryan, 2008. "A simple nonparametric approach to low-dimension, shortfall-based portfolio selection," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 183-190, September.
- Ba Chu, 2012. "Large deviations estimation of the windfall and shortfall probabilities for optimal diversified portfolios," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 97-122, February.
- Li, Zhongfei & Yao, Jing & Li, Duan, 2010. "Behavior patterns of investment strategies under Roy's safety-first principle," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 167-179, May.
- Koijen, R.S.J., 2008. "Essays on Asset Pricing," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-382981, Tilburg University.
- Alexis Bonnet & Isabelle Nagot, 2005. "Methodology of measuring performance in alternative investment," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques b05078, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Hiroaki Hata & Hideo Nagai & Shuenn-Jyi Sheu, 2010. "Asymptotics of the probability minimizing a "down-side" risk," Papers 1001.2131, arXiv.org.
- Stutzer, Michael, 2013. "Optimal hedging via large deviation," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(15), pages 3177-3182.
- Huyen Pham, 2007. "Some applications and methods of large deviations in finance and insurance," Papers math/0702473, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2007.
- Haley, M. Ryan & McGee, M. Kevin, 2011. ""KLICing" there and back again: Portfolio selection using the empirical likelihood divergence and Hellinger distance," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 341-352, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.