Siglo y medio de comercio exterior de productos corcheros en españa, 1849-1999
AbstractIn this work it is analyzed the evolution and composition of the foreign Spanish trade of cork products during the second half of the XIXth century and the XXth century. For it there has been in use the Estadística del Comercio Exterior de España, elaborated from 1849 up to the current importance. The above mentioned analysis sets up important changes in the characteristics that the cork business has had in Spain during the considered period, at least from a commercial point of view, emphasizing the major relevancy acquired by the import trade in the last quarter of the XXth century and the return to the stopper, which has frustrated the diversification process of the cork industry and trade, initiated in the first years of last century. For countries, Portugal has turned, from the civil war, into the first world power to the detriment of Spain. Our country could not have recovered the commercial leadership, that had during the second half of the XIXth century and the first third of the XXth, on the principal cork markets and, at present, it has small presence, in relative terms, on the markets of the new wine countries, great buyers of cork stoppers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Asociación Española de Historia Económica in its series Documentos de Trabajo (DT-AEHE) with number 0402.
Length: 55 pages
Date of creation: May 2004
Date of revision:
Economic History; Foreign Trade; Cork and cork manufactures; Trade Policy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- N53 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- N54 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - Europe: 1913-
- N63 - Economic History - - Manufacturing and Construction - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- N64 - Economic History - - Manufacturing and Construction - - - Europe: 1913-
- Q23 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Forestry
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Margarita Vilar Rodríguez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.